Vegetable Quinoa Soup
Recipe Type: Soup
- 1 tblsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, peeled & chopped fine
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tblsp sage
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups organic chicken broth 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups broccoli
- 15 oz. can Eden organic great northern beans ( drained & rinsed )
- Heat coconut oil over medium and sauté oon, garlic, carrots, celery & seasonings for minutes.
- Add water & broth & boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Return to boil & stir in quinoa. Reduce heat, cover & simmer 5 minutes.
- Add beans, kale & broccoli … cover & simmer 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat & let sit, covered for 10 minutes.
- Makes 8 – 1 cup servings