Scheduling & Visits
During your initial consultation, Kay will carefully review and discuss your medical history. If you are a good candidate for our services, Kay will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointments.
The initial consultation is US $87.
Patients have unlimited email access with our care team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that a scheduled phone, telemedicine or in-person visit is necessary instead of responding via email.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with Kay Spears, our health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We work with people to prevent disease, and therefore it is important to note the following:
- Insurance does not cover preventative care.
- We are not available for same-day acute emergency appointments, please call 911 or your primary care doctor.
- We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
- Most lab tests ordered by a Kay Spears physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Kay Spears.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Kay Spears doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Kay Spears physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Kay Spears, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Kay Spears Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to work with us. We are standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Kay Spears is right for you.