- 2 x 10 oz packages chopped spinach, frozen
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced + 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated
- 2 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Greek or regular plain yogurt (at least 2% fat)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Place spinach in a colander and defrost for at least 8 hours or overnight. Alternatively you could use a microwave.
- Using your hands, squeeze as much water out as possible and transfer to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion, 2 minced garlic cloves and carrot; sauté for 7 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl with spinach along with yogurt, mayo, salt and pepper.
- Stir well to mix and add grated garlic to taste.