Almond Flour Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener either granular or powdered is fine*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in melted butter until dough comes together and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Turn out into a glass or ceramic pie plate. Press firmly with fingers into bottom and up sides. Use a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to even out the bottom. Prick all over with a fork before baking.
- To bake unfilled, preheat oven to 325F. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To bake a filled pie, pre bake 10-12 minutes before adding fillings. You may need to cover the edges in foil to avoid over-browning. Let the pie crust cool before adding fillings and baking again.
- 1 recipe Almond Flour Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown
- 1/2 cup Bocha Sweet
- 3/4 tsp maple extract
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Prepare the pie crust according to the directions and bake at 325F for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing the filling.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the two sweeteners, stirring until the sweeteners have dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Make sure the syrup isn’t too hot and then whisk in the eggs.
- Place the pecans in the cooled crust and pour the filling overtop. Return to the oven and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is mostly set but the middle still jiggles slightly when shaken.
- Note: If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie with aluminum foil, shiny side up, about halfway through the baking time. Let cool completely before serving.